Rollinsford Public Library Donation Policy
On April 22, 2019, the Library Trustees voted unanimously to adopt the following donation policy:
The Rollinsford Public Library gladly welcomes most donations. The library will review all donations first for possible addition to the library collection or donation to another organization. The library retains the right to accept or refuse any donations offered to the library. This may include but is not limited to furnishings, artwork, computers, other equipment, books, visual and audio material and children’s toys. The library will only accept those items that will serve a useful purpose in the library. The library retains the right to dispose of any donated items as the library sees fit.
The library accepts most donations which are clean and in good condition.
The library will NOT accept the following items:
· Any material with an odor, mold, dirt, water damage, yellowing, missing parts or pages, or damage of any kind
· Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
· Magazines older than two years from the current date
· Cassettes, VHS tapes, computer software
The library welcomes the following items:
· Recent (within the last 5 years) hardcover fiction and non-fiction in excellent to good condition
· Recent (within the last five years) fiction and non-fiction trade paperbacks in excellent to good condition
· Children’s book in clean excellent to good condition
· BluRays and DVDs in proper case and in excellent condition
Donations can only be accepted during library operating hours.
Please do leave donations in the hallway, doorway or book drop.
We respectfully ask that no more than two boxes (or bags) of materials be donated per drop off. Larger donations will be accepted only if previously arranged with the library. Donations to the library can be tax-deductible. Donation receipts are available upon request. If you have any questions about our donation policy or questions about a possible donation, please contact the library.