The eLibrary: eBooks & Audiobooks
Learn About OverdrivE
You can read eBooks on just about any device – computers, Kindles, tablets, even on your phone! And Audiobooks are a fantastic way to spend a long commute, to make a story come alive, and to engage young readers.
Using RPL’s OverDrive subscription with the NH State Library's Downloadable Book Consortium, you have access to thousands of ebooks and audiobooks right from home. Renewing your book is easy and returns are automatic!
We’ve put together some information and links to help you get started with OverDrive. As always, if you have any questions, you can come down to the library or contact us. Getting started can seem daunting, so we’re happy to help as you learn how to use this excellent service!
Video: A Quick Introduction to Overdrive
The Basics: Logging in to OverDrive
You sign in to OverDrive using your RPL library card – Starting on the NH OverDrive homepage, simply click the Sign In button located at the top right corner of the page.
Once on the login page (pictured here), you will sign in with your library card by following two easy steps:
- Select the Rollinsford Public Library from the dropdown list.
- Enter your library ID, which is 4164 plus the LAST digits of your library card number (after the zeros). For example, if your RPL card says 2000000ABC, your personal library ID number will be 4164ABC (Can’t find your card? That's ok! Just contact us and we’ll give you your number!)
TIME SAVING TIP: If you’re on a personal device, select "Remember my card number on this device" so you don't have to pull out your library card next time!
Learn more online
The New Hampshire Downloadable Books Service maintains a blog specifically dedicated to helping people with OverDrive. They have a Device Guide that gives you tips on using OverDrive with your specific reading device (Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc) and there are pages for both Audiobook and eBook help. You can also browse How-to and Troubleshooting articles.
P.S. There’s an app for that!
Libby, the OverDrive app
Libby is an app made especially for libraries by OverDrive. You can use this app to manage your ebook loans, browse OverDrive, download and stream audiobooks, and more.
Features of the Libby app:
- Helps you download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space on your device.
- Libby can send your library books right to your Kindle (if you have one).
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
- Keeps track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across all devices.
- Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete.
- Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio.
Get a sneak peek of the app in this quick video!
. . .
Need SOME Help?
That’s what we’re here for!
Contact us or come on down to the library!